To Friday 25 June 2021 - 05:00pm
Public consultation and information sessions coming up next week in Busselton and Dunsborough
The Strategic Engagement Coordinator Jo Gibbs from Consumer Protection is holding public information and feedback consulations in Busselton and Dunsborough.
Being raised in the Great Southern, and having lived in regional Western Australia for many years, I am aware of how important it is that regional voices are heard. This is especially important when it comes to Consumer Protection issues and our rights as consumers, business owners, landlords and tenants.
On the Busselton and Dunsborough Thursday 24th June 2021 to facilitate some stakeholder forums, in conjunction with Consumer Protection’s Senior Regional Officer. I will provide an overview of what Consumer Protection does and how we can help before moving on to the main purpose of our visit – to listen to you!
The overview will include information on:
• Scams – what they are and how to avoid them!
• Product safety information – publications, recalls, investigations and reports.
• Tenancy information – Renting, Retirement Villages, Residential Parks and more.
• Consumer rights and the Australian Consumer Law – including how to get a remedy or make a complaint.
Please join us and share any relevant experiences and issues you and your community are facing, as well as how you think Consumer Protection can help to address them. This is your chance to have a say, whether you are a consumer, a business owner, a local government officer, a representative of a community/advocacy group or anyone else from the local community.
The focus groups for these forums will be:
• Retirees (or those planning for future retirement)
• Multicultural Communities
• Other Community groups